Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Founded in 1955, The Hills Garden Club of Wellesley was created to generate interest in the science and art of gardening and to stimulate the promotion of civic beauty through horticulture and conservation. The Club’s main civic project is the preservation and enhancement of Elm Park/Clock Tower Park located at 301 Washington Street. The park is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Over the years, Club members have spent summers weeding the beds, helping with fall clean-up as well as annually planting the tulip and daffodil bulbs to be enjoyed in the springtime.
Through many fundraising projects over the years, the Club has periodically contributed to a number of significant landscape projects. The Club has replaced the park’s elm trees, added shrubs and created a brick-paved seating area. The Club's 2015 Garden Tour raised enough funds for yet another significant project. Working with the Town of Wellesley and Landscape Planner Cricket Vlass, the fall of 2019 saw the installation and completion of the labyrinth located at the west end of the park. This is already being enjoyed by many of all ages.
President: MaryJo McGee
Vice President: (seeds have been planted)
Recording Secretary: Sally Miller
Corresponding Secretary: Judy White
Treasurer: Cindy Coddington
Civic Improvement: Lucy Lynch
Community Service: MaryJo McGee
Hospitality: Carolyn Harthun
Membership: Meribeth Harrington, Myralee Wilson
Programs: MaryJo McGee, Susanne Dowdell
Ways and Means: Donna Fessler
Workshops: Stephanie Chlan, Connie Walkingshaw, Donna Gibson
Associate Representatives: Karin Cody, Marcia Gorgone, Claire Bench
Publicity: Deb Robi, Donna Fessler
Nominating Past President: Myralee Wilson
For more information about our club, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about Hills Garden Club of Wellesley here:
The Hills Garden Club of Wellesley
Copyright © 2020 The Hills Garden Club of Wellesley - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder